"Bee" Social- The Benefits of Joining a Club
In the past decade, social media has certainly altered the ways we interact with others. We can communicate with people worlds away, however it is the norm to see several friends sitting at a table together all deeply engaged in their phones and not with each other. You've heard the saying before "Join the club". Staying socially active delivers a range of benefits:
- Reveals hidden skills or talents. Whether it’s a gym, motorcycle club, or mommy group, chances are you’ll discover something fulfilling which may be surprising.
- Maintains and bridges new relationships. Spending time with your friends and/or making new ones is good for you. Keep your favorite people in rotation on your schedule, not only will you have something to look forward to, you'll further your bond.
- Keeps your mind sharp. Connecting with others promotes overall brain health.
- You’re more likely to do well when you’re part of a group.
- Represent! Let's be honest, who doesn't like new clothes and trinkets that represent us? Most organizations have cool merch and you get to represent your "crew".
- You will always have others looking out for you!
- You can join more than one!
If you're nervous in group or unfamiliar settings, bring a friend with you. If you don't know where to start, list out your interests, hobbies, and aspirations and then do a search of clubs and organizations around them. Being an active member of any social club will help you live your best life.